PART 1 - GENERAL
- Provide clock system shown on drawings, as specified herein, and as needed for a complete and proper installation.
- Coordinate clock system of this section with General Conditions and Supplementary Conditions.
- Submit shop drawings and wiring diagrams. Upon approval, General Contractor shall send to field or jobsite superintendent copy of final approved shop drawings and wiring diagrams.
- Submit color samples for exposed surfaces.
- Submit dial sample.
- Submit maintenance and service manual for operation.
1.03 QUALITY ASSURANCE
- Use adequate number of skilled workmen who are thoroughly trained and experienced in the necessary crafts, and who are completely familiar with the specified requirements and the methods needed for proper performance of the work of this Section.
- Use materials which shall be free from defects impairing strength, durability, and appearance; shall be of best commercial quality for purpose required; and shall comply with approved drawings.
- Use manufacturer who has had ten (10) years of experience in the manufacture of specified product.
- Warrant the clock system for one year after date of delivery of product installed by others. Warranty is not in effect as a result of lightning damages, vandalism, improper wiring, or improper servicing. Fluorescent bulbs not warranted.
PART 2 - PRODUCTS
- Use clock system as manufactured by Campbellsville Industries, Inc., P.O. Box 278, 440 Taylor Blvd., Campbellsville, KY 42718, Phone: 800/467-8135, Fax: 502/465-6839.
- Use clock series ______, as shown on drawings.
- Fabricate structural framework from aluminum extrusions for specified series.
- Use minimum ¼" white translucent plexiglas for illuminated dials for non-metallic dials.
- Use minimum .062" aluminum plate for dials to be painted.
- Use .032" aluminum over structural framework for encasing canister clocks.
- Provide 10" diameter pilot clock, fully encased, for wall mounting.
- Provide on/off reset control panel for wall mounting, which shall provide remote setting of clock hands by either stopping the clock, or advancing the clock at a 10/1 reset rate.
- Provide aluminum hands, style #____________, and furnish with black baked-on finish.
- Provide stock dial, style # ______________. Numerals and/or markers shall be injection molded plastic, black, bonded to dial with adhesive.
- Install illumination system, consisting of low temperature fluorescent bulbs, with high output ballasts.
- Power clock movement with a 120 vac 60 hz synchronous driven motor with a permanently lubricated gear train, rotor bearings, and output shaft.
- Handcraft and machine all gears, shafts, and bearings from rust resistant, ground, and polished stainless steel, brass, aluminum, and bronze, all of the highest quality.
- Mount all gears, shafts, and bearings in rigidly supported ¼" thick precision machined cast aluminum frame, which shall serve as a perpetual lubrication reservoir.
- Furnish weather resistant, painted galvannealed steel enclosure over gears and bearings.
- Fabricate clock shell from aluminum sheet and extrusions to required shape and profile
- Secure all stops, dials, and rings with aluminum fasteners, concealed to maximum possibility.
- Install fluorescent bulbs minimum 12" behind translucent dial, to prevent imaging.
- Provide separate wiring for clock motor(s) and illumination system(s).
- Finish all aluminum surfaces exposed to front viewing. Housing shall be caustic etched, primed with two heavy coats of primer, and finished with two heavy coats of industrial vinyl or enamel, electrostatically applied and air-dried.
- Furnish all concealed framework and cladding in mill finished aluminum.
- Clean and dry all surfaces to be caulked.
- Apply with caulking gun, using nozzle of proper size to fit the joint width.
- Use silicone caulking by Dow Corning, or approved equal.
PART 3 - EXECUTION
3.01 PROJECT SITE CONDITIONS
- Verify that site conditions are suitable and accessible for delivery and installation.
- Confirm that all preparatory work is in place in accordance with approved shop drawings before delivery and installation.
- Provide for proper storage before delivery of clocks.
- Report any discrepancies in writing.
- Use skilled and experienced installation craftsmen familiar with such work, and in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions and approved shop drawings.
- Coordinate with other trades as required to assure proper and adequate installation.
- Install pilot clock and clock controls in easily accessible area.
- Provide and install separate electrical circuits, 120 vac 60 hz, for clock system and illumination system.
- Install all electrical work in accordance with local building and electrical codes.
- Service clock in accordance with maintenance and service manual.
- Clean all soiled and dirty areas, and touch up any scratches or abrasions.
- Clean up all debris caused by work of this section, keeping the premises clean and neat at all times.
END OF SECTION